Stepalica Zlata skirt pattern

Hello everyone! I trust that all is well and that your dreams and pursuits are getting done this year.

Today I just want to show you a skirt I made as a pattern tester for Stepalica patterns. She is a very talented designer over in Belgrade-Serbia, who has done some design transformation and reconstruction classes that launched her into the pattern making pool. She has produced some very unique and creative pieces and through pattern making she is allowing us to do the same. 

Her most recent pattern is a skirt which has been named Zlata. It's a very flattering pleated skirt that has the most interesting design feature of the belt loops and pleats being merged together for one of the variations. 


To create the skirt I used 2 yards of a yellow rayon linen blend in a bright yellow and a lining of the same colour. The waistband has interfacing and a zip was inserted at the side of the skirt. The pattern and instructions  made this a simple sew even though I was of the impression that it would be difficult to do the loops. 


Of course one of the best things about the pattern is that it has pockets! I chose not to press my pleats fully and so the skirt simply falls into a less structured look. 





Upclose picture of the loops/ pleats at the waisband

I had only a slight alteration to do on the lining of this pattern and of course I had to adjust for my long legedness by adding an extra 2 inches or so to the skirt length and to the lining length. 

I love my skirt and I look forward to wearing it time and time again. So congratulations to Stepalica on such a lovely skirt pattern and I hope you guys like it enough to make it a wardrobe staple.

Comments

  1. Pretty.

    Sassy Sewing Bees https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees ❀

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really lovely! I like that you didn't press the pleats down fully, because the way it falls is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danielle! Yes I do like un-kept pleats for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful
    here are my latest posts
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/05/pink-peplum-and-carrot-trouser-from-edc.html
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/05/leather-boots-oodji-jersey-skirt-and.html
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts